Monday, November 05, 2007

Capitol Time

US Natural History Museum

I'm in DC. At least for the next coupe of hours, as my flight to LA leaves this evening. The photo above is of the Smithsonian Natural History Museum building (still say ours is prettier). I've really loved DC - for some reason I thought it would be dangerous, unfriendly, ugly and impossible to walk around. I was wrong.

Georgetown st federal building
capitol time 1 white house

Now the conference is over, today I did museums, and geeked over kids science literature in bookstores. But mainly I just wandered about what I've discovered is a really beautiful city. The weather has been great and sun shows off all the autumnal colours. Plus, I followed Lolly's recommendation of Teaism and had the best noodle soup I think I've ever tasted.

What am I knitting in the bottom left picture? That'd be a secret. As I'm uploading photos though, I'll leave you with a few pictures of some beaded icord I've done recently.


beaded icord 3

beaded icord 5

16 comments:

Fluffy Geek said...

The beaded i-cord is lovely! I'm planning to try some based on your "anti pattern". Thank you!

Kirsty said...

Pretty Washington!
London is dismal- you're in the right place, you and your mysterious knitting...

schrodinger said...

I love that picture of the capitol, and it looks like you're getting some lovely, sunny, crisp weather. Enjoy LA!!

Anonymous said...

I love those beaded I-cords - great colours. Glad Washington is good - looks lovely and bright!

ysolda said...

ooh thank you for the I-cord bracelet / necklace thing! I've been meaning to email you since it arrived a few days ago, sorry.

Looks like you're having a good trip and I'm rather curious about your mystery knitting :)

Lolly said...

I am so glad you liked Teaism - it is one of my favorite spots in DC! and what a lovely time for a visit too - the weather has been pristine. I am glad that your previous notions about DC were proven wrong! Enjoy LA, Alice!

Joan said...

loving the beaded icord and hoping you have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Having lived in both places (and still living in LA), I'll say you're more likely to find LA "dangerous, unfriendly, ugly and impossible to walk around."

It is a little warmer than London, though. ;)

Anonymous said...

oh....i hope this means there is someone at home checking your snail mail for you....

enjoy the states and have a safe trip home!

Veronique said...

Have you been to NY yet or is that coming after LA? I'd love to meet up!

twigletqueen said...

Wow, those beaded I-cords are fantastic! I have tons of random beads lying around, I'm gonna have to try that out, my friend would love those.

Suzie said...

I just whipped out an i-cord necklace bickety bam! My first time ever knitting an i-cord, knitting on such small needles and knitting with beads! I was a little dubious during construction, but once I tried it on I LOVED it! Do you like pictures of finished projects from your anti-patterns?

Karen said...

Beautiful i-cord things. I will have to try it too!

Anonymous said...

In outdoor activities place, especially in the

summer, many people are used to block the sunglasses, in

order to reduce the fatigue of the eyes caused by strong

sunshine.Do you want to have a pair of fashion and cheap

oakley sunglasses

www.muebles-en-asturias.com said...

It cannot have effect in actual fact, that is what I think.

www.muebles-en-collado-villalba.com said...

What namely you are writing is a horrible mistake.