Friday, July 28, 2006

Look what I've got

While I still can't post about my top-secret work in progress, I had planned a thoughtful consideration of my hands (the knitters most important tool). Inspired by Ysolda's thoughtful and well researched pieces about continental and English methods, I'd been getting quite introspective about my knitting style. I was going to take bleak, high-res photos of the front and backs of my hands. I'd painted my nails especially.

But then the post came. Thump on the doormat. Large post. Rowan! We'll ignore my hands for now - go read Ysolda's blog instead she's written about it so well already anyway. Here, it's all hail to the new-Rowan exciting-ness.



And the news ...? The patterns?

I'd say it's good news. This is not bad a magazine. There were a lot of complaints about the last one, including some from me. But they've turned their back on bo-ho (thank goodness) and seem to be returning to the tweedy fair-isle English Country Garden stuff they do best.

Of course some of it is more for the pretty pictures than developing decent knit-able wearable patterns. Yes, the rumours are true, there is a kid silk haze ball gown. But a nice pair of socks and some very wearable sweaters. Plus a very cute male model. That's what we like to see.

I'll leave you with a sneak peak as I turn the pages.

IMG_3860IMG_3862IMG_3863IMG_3864

9 comments:

Ashley said...

KSH ball gown? Well, I do have a wedding to attend next month....I'm sure I could knit it up before then!

Gina said...

Thank you for the sneek peek! While I could never imagine knitting or wearing the KSH ballgown, it looks lovely from what I can see.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sneak peak - I am still waiting for mine. Poo to the Royal Mai.

Anonymous said...

Oooo I might have to buy this one.

Anonymous said...

the shoulder of the burgundy-ish sweater in the corner looks very similar to the one i made from a rowan pattern a couple issues ago, but it looks like there is some very nice stuff in this one, hence my re-subscription to rowan international this morning

Anonymous said...

is it a magazine that comes monthly? how does one subscribe? I love their photos, don't you? so much more edgy and well thought out than interweave knits with their blurry images and models with no makeup....

The Gadabouts said...

I was seriously disappointed, the bloke and I usually get a good hour of laughter from Rowan's ridiculous patterns, but this time there was even some appreciative nods.

www.guipuzcoa-3d.com said...

The guy is totally just, and there is no skepticism.

contactos en barcelona said...

Goodness, there is really much worthwhile information above!